Monday, April 20, 2009

REFLECTION

1. What have you learned since September in Canadian Studies?

I really learned a lot since I am taking Canadian Studies. The most important part is about exploration. We learned about two main explorers called John Cabot and Jacques Cartier. Both of them ran honors for their countries. We also made a puppet show about John Cabot, that's really cool!! I was lucky to working and studying with my friends in group. Another interesting work I did is our Viking Ship! All of us were creative and hard-working, our ship is colourful and as well as a real ship! I am very pond of it~~

If you have a view of my beautiful blog, you can see a lot of columns and particles full of it. That's all I have learned! Including Viking ships, the Fur Trade, flat earth, what you think is what you see and many more. One skill that I got most is writing literary essay in English 10, although it's so hard for me to write. I'd like to try my best.

I also learned how to find information at the Internet and put them together as soon as possible. That's also helpful to me in the future.



2. What is the most memorable lesson you remember? (if you weren't here, maybe at another school)

The most memorable lesson I remember are our VIKING SHIP and PUPPET SHOW!! Both of them are amazing! I learned as much as the whole world when I was working with my friends. Our viking ship is the most beautiful and solid in the world (I guest...). I still remember that several days, Jessie were working with the design and draft of the ship, Nina brought a lot of newspapers to full of it, Angela made the colours and I helped them to fix them on the ship. All of us are working very hard and through off a large numbers of good ideas. That's cool! We came to Nina's home to made our puppet show every day after school. Laughter and ideas are full of the time during our work.

3. Think about your life as a student here since September. Have you changed? How?
I think I really changed a lot since September. I'm a little quite girl before. I didn't have enough confidence to speak English in a strong voice. after I'm studying at our school, I speak and read English every day with Ms. Chan and my beautiful friends. That's cool and I feel my English becomes better and better.
My life now is also bright, I love all of people and nature around me and I really feel lucky to be there. I'd love to be happy forever.

4. What is your goal for yourself by June? What is your plan to study?
I wish to have a wonderful study life in June. I hope my English 10 provincial is done well and get a whole A report card from school. I trying to do well in my reading log everyday and learn some new words. I know both reading and writing are necessary to improve my English. I'd like to watch more great English movies and find English songs, too.
For life, I hope I would have a good time in two months. Be healthy and happy as now. It's the most important wish for me. If I have those 2 Hs, I have all.

5. What are you most proud of in school since September? Have you done your best?

Yes, I think I mostly have. The most proud of myself in school is my English is improve and I'm happy all the time. I'm lucky to meet my friends and learned a lot from them. I really want to say"Thank you" here, I'll try my best in the future from now. My mom said I'm mature than before. I;m happy to hear that. That means I looks more like a young girl now. I'm proud of myself and want to changed into a young lady.That's cool and I can do everything I want. Thanks my parents, my friends, my teachers and my idle. You ALL give me the whole world. I LOVE YOU!!


Bonus
1. Is there anything else you want to tell me or reflect about?
PLAY more!!!

1 comment:

  1. Dear Rena,

    I really think you are more mature. Be confident in yourself. Show us your confidence with your body language. Don't be shy. You are very intelligent. You seem to be more quiet about your successes than other people. However, I know you are a very insightful and thoughtful learner. You never broke my heart!

    I always know you will do the best you can be. I hope you never forget that. Whenever I see your smile, its makes me smile! I really do love teaching you and I will be sad when I have to teach other students.

    Your team of girls always makes me laugh with your silly monk jokes.

    By the way, I never told you this...

    I think your writing is very cute! It is very round and bubbly. I like reading your reading log and your writing because my eyes are not tired after!

    Thank you for being a good student. Thank you for being you. Thank you for trying your best in class. Thank you for inspiring me to be a better teacher.

    I am very proud of you.

    I truly am.

    I REALLY AM!

    Take care,

    Ms. Chan

    ReplyDelete